Совбез ООН осудил ситуацию, складывающуюся в Кашмире: https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/08/1044401
На закрытом заседании (16 августа).
Впервые с 1965 года.
Дан старт к "разморозке" одного из сложных международных конфликтов, который на протяжении десятилетий фактически был замороженным.
Символично, заседание СБ ООН состоялось по инициативе Китая.
Формально - по просьбе Пакистана. Но у Китая тоже есть интересы в Кашмире.
Кашмир - пограничный регион, где пересекаются интересы многих влиятельных стран.
- The UNSC members are concerned about the human rights situation there and they (want) the parties concerned to refrain from taking any unilateral action that might further aggravate the tension there since the situation is already very tense and very dangerous, - заявил постпред Китая Zhang Jun.
- India has violated bilateral agreement to keep peace in the border areas. It is obvious the constitutional amendment by India has changed the status quo in Kashmir, - подчеркнул Zhang Jun.
- The people may be locked up, their voices may not be heard in their own land, but their voices were heard today at the UN and will always be heard because Pakistan will stand by them and extend full support. This is the first, not the last step. The whole world is discussing the occupied state. This is an international dispute, - подчеркнула постпред Пакистана Maleeha Lodhi.
- India national position was, and remains, that matters related to Article 370 of the Indian Constitution, are entirely an internal matter of India.
The recent decisions taken by the Government of India and our legislative bodies are intended to ensure that good governance is promoted, socio-economic development is enhanced for our people in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
India remains committed to ensure that the situation there remains calm and peaceful. We are committed to all the agreements that we have signed on this issue, - заверяет постпред Индии Syed Akbaruddin.
But without naming names, Syed Akbaruddin stated that “of particular concern is that one state is using terminology of jihad against and promoting violence in India, including by their leaders”.
- India was committed to the principle that all issues between India and Pakistan, as well as India and any other country, will be resolved bilaterally, peacefully, and in a manner that behooves normal inter-state relations between countries. We stand ready to continue our efforts towards peaceful resolution of all issues in an atmosphere free of violence. We are committed to the Simla agreement. It is now for Pakistan to stop terrorism and start talks, - подчеркнул Syed Akbaruddin.
- The position of the United Nations on this region is governed by the Charter...and applicable Security Council resolutions.
The Secretary-General also recalls the 1972 Agreement on bilateral relations between India and Pakistan also known as the Simla Agreement, which states that the final status of Jammu and Kashmir is to be settled by peaceful means, - напомнил официальную позицию Генсек ООН Антониу Гутерриш (8 august, statement).
Прим: в августе на заседаниях Совбеза ООН председательствует Польша.
Франция была против поднимать "кашмирский вопрос" на уровень Совбеза ООН.
В конечном итоге, был выбран компромиссный вариант: заседание состоялось, но прошло за закрытыми дверями.